Sunday, April 26, 2015

Blessing List

I have felt so strongly at times the hand of the Lord during this journey. I want to document it so I can refer to it again and again. I hope this will be a reoccurring theme as new things to be grateful for appear.


Having a place to go that felt safe

Friends who support and have the knowledge to help

Wings. I cannot describe it any other way. At times I felt like I was literally being carried from place to place it was that palpable. Angels around me.

Other's Prayers. What a strength it has been to know that you are fervently being prayed for...that people some you may barely know, are praying for you.

My prayers. What a privilege it is to be able to pray and know you are heard. That the Creator, Redeemer, Savior...God hears your prayers. Wants to hear my prayers. Miss my voice if I forget.

He is here with us.  I will get to this more later. But it is a blessing he is able to be here, where his children can be with him. Where I can be with him. Where he can be with us. Because we need it, all of us.

He's alive. Again more later. But that he survived at all is a great blessing.

My children. How amazing they are. The way they rallied around each other. It was remarkable. And if as they feel more secure I see more of the fissures and petty arguments again, still what a blessing it has been to know that when the trials of life push them to and fro they will have each others backs. (However right now they appear to be taking delight in pestering each other - and me! - to the breaking point. So...)

Inspired leaders. My bishop, home teachers, visiting teachers, Stake President, Relief Society President. They have all been so wonderful. I have truly been placed where I am with amazing people surrounding me and my family.

My work. That I have a stable job is a blessing in itself. That it is a place where I can confide and receive their support is such a gift.

The opportunity to serve. It has been such a gift to get out of my own way, my own issues. At first standing up to lead the music was terrifying, but eventually resuming all my callings (I have 2) has become a real blessing. I don't want to just be a partaker of the kingdom but a contributor. Also the opportunity to serve in other ways, our ward did a service project for Blessings in a Backpack. Going with my family and having my children help other children in need was a gift.

My family. The first person I called was my Aunt and Uncle. Who welcome me and my 4 teenagers into their home for almost 2 months. The next person I called was my dad. What a great strength he has been to me. His advise, his kindness, his support and his love has been so amazing. Recently I confided in my sister. My fears were in telling too many family that it would be a barrier to my husband. But my sister textedtexted me out of the blue and I felt the spirit tell me "You can confide in her."

Friends near and far who have lifted me their prayers, council, and love.

My Savior. Most of all. He is given words to say when I could not think of any myself. Strength to carry on and do the things I need to do. He has carried me when I was weak. Succored me when I was faint. Comforted me when I despaired. He has walked this road with me every step of the way.

Lord to whom shall I go? Thou hast the words of eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment